There is a long history behind one of the most ancient arts of the use of fire. The origins of Sediver date back to 1898. The first glass insulators were manufactured in 1929 by a specially incorporated company, Electro Verre.
Thanks to the use of highly-selected raw materials, the introduction of cutting-edge machinery, ancient and experienced techniques of colouring, and the strict monitoring of systematic controls, Seves glassblock transformed the old “glass block” into a modern block of glass. Giving birth to a new and refined architectural furnishing element for interior and exterior ambients in the home or city, which can be “customized” by request according to any project design.
In 1947, the application of the thermal toughening process to glass insulators resulted in a product offering exceptional performance, enabling the company to achieve international success.
Automated production lines were introduced ten years later, in 1957. This was followed in 1959 by the merger of Electro Verre and Charbonneux, which led to the creation of Sediver.
Having established itself in the French insulator market, the 1960s saw the company embark on its first international joint ventures. New products were launched during the 1970s, including a full range of composite insulators for power transmission lines and railway systems. Its Brazilian subsidiary, Electrovidro, was set up during this period.